Parents, do you know about your child to stay healthy, they need Vitamins & Minerals? I guess you all know that. But do you know how much they need these nutritions on a daily basis? For your kid on the right nutritional track learns a bit about Vitamins & Minerals.
Your kids may not get all the nutrition they need despite your best efforts. Offer a variety of food to make sure your kids get full nutrition.
Understanding Vitamins & Minerals:
If you also don’t know which food has which vitamins and minerals then here is a breakdown of necessary nutrition that helps in the growth of different areas in kids.
- Vitamin A: Vitamins A found in yellow and orange vegetables like carrots, yams, and squash, dairy products like cheese, milk, and eggs. It helps in tissue and bone repair, normal growth and development, healthy skin, eyes, and immune system.
- Vitamin Bs: The family of vitamin B includes B2, B3, B6, and B12. It helps in energy production, aid metabolism, healthy circulation, and nervous system. It also helps in producing red blood cells. Rich sources of vitamin B are meat, fish, soy, milk, egg, bread, cereals, chicken, fish, and beans.
- Vitamin C: It helps in healing and fighting infection. Also promotes connective tissue, skin and healthy muscles, and protect against heart disease. Vitamin C also prevents cataracts and helps in supporting healthy immune function. It is found in citrus fruit, tomatoes, broccoli, kiwi.
- Vitamin D: It helps the body to maintain strong bones and teeth. Also helps in the absorption of calcium. The easiest way to get vitamin D is exposure to sunlight, as sunlight stimulate vitamins to become active in the body. Vitamin D is also protecting from a host of health problems. Vitamin D is found in Dairy products and fish oil.
- Iron (Minerals): It is essential for growth and development. During the period of accelerated growth, Iron is important for kids. Iron helps in making hormones, collagen & neurotransmitter which helps in making hemoglobin. Lack of Iron leads to the deficiency of anemia. Iron also helps in building muscles and blood production. It is mainly found in beef, bread, beans, fish and cereals.
- Calcium: Calcium is necessary for life. It helps in the development of strong bones and teeth. It is important to eat calcium-rich food daily as calcium is not produced by our body and daily we lose calcium through our urine, nails, skin, sweat. Because of this, our body starts taking calcium from bones which result in weakening our bones. Lack of calcium leads to fragile, and porous bones. Calcium is mainly found in Yogurt, cheese, low-fat milk, tofu & calcium-fortified orange juice.
For growing age kids these nutritions are essential for their body. Also, they convert food into energy and helps in the overall development of the body
The Body doesn’t store Vitamins & Minerals. So you have to make sure you give sufficient amount of nutrition on a regular interval.
Also Read: https://www.momababyetc.com/looking-for-quick-healthy-breakfast-recipe/
Comments are closed.