All children are naughty, impulsive from time to time which is normal, but some children have different behavior which is difficult and challenging.
The three most common behavior disorder are oppositional defiant disorder (ODD), conduct disorder (CD) and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). They have some common symptoms so its difficult and time consuming to diagnose the disorder. At a time a child can be suffering from 2 disorder also.
Oppositional Defiant Disorder: One in a ten children with age under 12 may have this disorder. This disorder mostly found in boys more than girls. Behavior of a child with ODD include:
- Easily angered
- Argues with the adults mostly with parents.
- Don’t obey any rules
- Always blame others for any misfortune
- Low self esteem.
Conduct Disorder: Children with this disorder mostly judge as “Bad Child” because of there uncontrollable behavior and refusal to obey the rules. 5% of children with age 10 years likely to have this disorder. This disorder is also mostly found in boys more than girls. One- third of children with this disorder also have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Behavior of a child with CD include:
- Refusal to obey Parents
- Repeated bunking
- Use of drugs, cigarette or alcohol in very young age
- Aggressive towards animals or other people.
- Ruthless behavior like bullying or physical abuse.
- Tendency to run from home
- Lying regularly
- purposely stealing something, breaking into house or lighting fire.
- Always ready for physical fights and using weapon in the fight.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): Two to five percent of children are suffering from this disorder. Found mostly in boys. Behavior of a child with ADHD include:
- Inattention which cause difficulty in concentration, Moving one work to another without completing the previous work, forget instructions.
- Impulsitivity which is the cause of having short temper, talking without listening to others, being accident-prone.
- Over-activity causes regular restlessness and nervousness.
Cause of Children Behavioral Disorder
The factors by which ODD, CD & ADHD cause is still unknown but there are some factor by which these disorder takes place.
- These disorder mostly found in boys but it is unclear that it cause because of genetic or because of socialization experiences.
- Difficulty in pregnancy, premature birth of low weight of child at the time of birth may be the cause of these disorder.
- Behavioral disorder may also cause because of dysfunction family. Domestic violence, poverty or substance abuse can be the factors for behavioral disorder.
- Reading and writing problems in child cause behavioral disorder.
- Intellectual disabilities in children also cause the disorder.
Diagnose The Disorder
If you find any types of symptoms in your child then consult with pediatrician, psychologist or child psychiatrist.
It is important to find out the reason behind sudden change in child behavior. for example child may be victimize from other children can be cause of behavior disorder. If such types of thing is happening in your child life then these thing should be consider initially.
Treatment for these disorder in children is very important as these disorder can leads to dysfunctional adult. Treatment of these disorder depend on particular disorder and the factors behind the disorder. Behavior disorder treatment may include:
- Educate parent how to talk and manage their children facing the disorder.
- Intellectual therapy for child help how to control there thoughts and behavior.
- Teach child how to control there anger and how to recognize there growing frustration.
- If a child is facing difficulty in learning something seek professional support related to child problem.
- Children with behavior disorder may experience repetitive failure in school or any other field, so to cope up with these things encourage the child to do the activity in which they are good at. It helps to build confidence and self esteem.
- Take the help of medication to control the impulsive behavior of child.
“Help the child to free from all the disorder and enjoy their childhood”
Comments are closed.