UNWTO-led World Tourism Day on 27 September to raise awareness of the importance of tourism, and how it contributes to the economic development of the country or of any nation.
The goal of celebrating World Tourism Day is to emphasize the global value of tourism as a tool for global development and cultural illumination. There is no question that countries around the globe, large or small, rely on tourism for economic survival and emphasize their cultural, social, and political values. This is a rare opportunity to increase tourism visibility and eventually contribute to sustainable growth.
History Of World Tourism Day
On 27 September 1970, a special assembly was held in Mexico City by the International Union of Official Travel Organizations (IUOTO) and the Statues of the World Tourism Organization were adopted. Then, at the end of September 1979, the UNWTO agreed to create World Tourism Day. On 27 September 1980, it was first celebrated.
Do you know why 27 September has been chosen as World Tourism Day since that date coincided with a significant landmark in world tourism, i.e. the anniversary of the adoption on 27 September 1970 of the UNWTO Statutes? In addition, according to the UNWTO, the date for the World Tourism Day is acceptable, because it arrives in the northern hemisphere at the end of the high season and the beginning of the tour time in the southern hemisphere. This day is celebrated with total excitement with distinct themes every year.
The tourism industry expects to rise 3% per year until 2030, and we can only see this trend rise and expand further. This is a trend. There are a variety of reasons for this development. This includes rising middle classes worldwide and a fall in transport prices, especially aviation.
The main aim of celebrating World Tourism Day is to highlight the importance of tourism worldwide and to show the general public how tourism not only impacts a country’s economic values but also affects a country’s social, political, and cultural values.
The United Nations General Assembly of World Trade Organizations agreed at the October World Tourism Day 1997 in Istanbul, Turkey, to select a host country to serve as a partner each year on the occasion of World Tourism Day.
Tourism Day provides an opportunity for you to widen your own world a little, find a place to visit and, lastly, take the time to do this.
World Tourism Day Theme 2020
“Building peace and fostering knowledge” is the theme of 2020 World Tourism Day.
World tourism day 2020 host country
For World Tourism Day, UNWTO selects Djibouti as the host country. This year, the country’s capital is organizing the program.
Benefits Of Tourism
World Tourism Day is the promotion and advantage of tourism. Some tourism benefits are here.
The tourism sector deals with tourist agencies, transport, hotels, and resorts. It provides jobs. It implies that it would hire many hotel employees, drivers, restaurant workers, etc.
2. Economic development
The economic growth of the place is enhanced by tourism. The local people get income, not just hotels and restaurants. They either get money invested actively by visitors or indirectly by the hotels where visitors stay or visit. As souvenirs, many visitors also purchase local goods. Not only is it successful for the local region, but it also induces GDP growth in the state and national economies.
3. Social advantages
The local culture and heritage are also admired by visitors. It also helps local people to preserve their customs and culture for tourists.
4. Environmental Advantages
Some places are famous for their environment so it gives people the motivation to main the environment for visitors.
How To Celebrate
It is celebrated best when you dive into your dream book and figure out the location you want to go to in the world. If you can not get there now, prepare for the future and go to the groove to get away, see the world, and go on a journey.
If you live in a tourist destination, then the work of tourism in your area should be taken into account to see what you can do to protect your local heritage, cultural places and to help those who come to see the wonders and history of your area.
Tourism Day also helps you to make the industry more conscious of the numerous challenges. Speak and use your voice to encourage better working conditions for tourism professionals. You can also use the date to promote world-wide hidden gems that could have an influx of visitors, to improve their economies and make their communities onto the map.
Reflect on the wonderful places you have been fortunate to visit and prepare the places you want to visit in the future!
World Tourism Day Messages & Slogans
- Don’t only wait for the destination to arrive, but enjoy the ride as well. Don’t think about the on-road potholes, but enjoy what you see while driving …. Best wishes for the World Tourism Day!!
- Tourists have a checklist of places they’ve been and where they haven’t been, but travelers don’t know where they’re heading.
- The world is only a book and the best way to read that book is to travel. Many who don’t fly lose the pleasure of reading this beautiful book.
- I hope that you are blessed with more and more holidays on the occasion of World Tourism Day to see even more new places and build beautiful memories to treasure and leave footprints for others to follow.
- See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.” -Ray Bradbury
- “The journey is the destination.” -Dan Eldon
- “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” » Aldous Huxley
- “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination with reality, and instead of thinking of how things may be, see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson
- Travel to a destination every year that you have never been to before.
- The best way to learn is to bring more value to your life by traveling as much as you can.
- When you are traveling, the excitement of life still stays alive.
- Traveling is all about discovering, learning, and accepting ….. Becoming a better individual is all about it!!
Due to the existence of different attractive and modern destinations for visitors, we should not ignore the fact that tourism has become constantly rising and expanding economic sectors around the world. So, for developing countries, it has now become the key source of revenue.