Is your child getting overweight? How do you make a lazy child active? The solution to these problems is to inspire your child to work out. Workouts are the most effective way to stay fit, healthy and active. Whatever your child’s age there are some physical activities that are more important to strengthen the bones and muscles. Educating your child about the value of a healthy lifestyle and living is vital. Continue reading for the benefits of workouts for 10 year olds.
What are Workouts?
Workouts are the rigorous physical activities you can do in the gym or at home. It’s every move that makes your muscles work and your body needs to burn calories.
Workouts are very important to combat stress and to stay healthy for all age groups. This article focuses primarily on workouts for 10 years old.
Benefits of Workouts For 10 Year Olds:
Workouts will keep you active all the time. Being active has many benefits for the body, both physically and mentally. Indulge in the busy schedule of your kid’s workouts and don’t give way to belly fat. Ignorance of the belly fat in childhood can lead to many health problems, such as obesity, diabetes, blood pressure, heart disease, etc.
Here are some of the benefits of workout for 10 year olds:
1. Promotes Better Sleep
Physical activity can improve the quality and duration of your child’s sleep. Sleeping adequately increases mood, perception and memory boosts.
2. Strengthens Bones and Muscles
Regular exercise will help children and teens keep their muscles and bones healthy and strong. Since bones are the foundation for your child’s growing body, it’s important to keep them safe by adopting lifestyle and nutritional habits.
3. Makes Feel Happy
Your body releases chemicals including serotonin, norepinephrine, endorphins, dopamine in your brain during exercise, which can alleviate you from stress and improve your mood. Physical activity increases blood flow all over the body including the brain. It helps improve your child’s thinking skills.
By doing routine exercises your kid can feel happier, more comfortable and less anxious. It may also improve their self-esteem and motivation.
4. Fight Heath Conditions
Being active increases cholesterol with a high density lipoprotein (HDL), which in turn reduces harmful triglycerides.
Regular exercise improves prevention and treatment of health conditions, such as:
- High blood pressure
- Many types of cancers
- Metabolic Syndrome
5. Contributes To Control Weight
Exercise helps to lower the calories that would otherwise be processed as fat. Exercise along with diet plays a prominent role. Everything you eat has calories in it. Each task that you do, like sleeping, breathing and digesting food, is calorie consuming.
Calorie intake should be measured against calorie use to maintain a healthy weight. Physical activities such as sports, workouts, household chores, yard works are all useful and effective types of calorie burning.
Workout Tips For 10 Year Olds
- Most physical activities should include aerobic exercises such as swimming, cycling, and dancing, with children using their large muscles.
- Make your child do moderate to severe physical activity, altering with light activity or resting throughout the day.
- Strengthening exercises for the muscles and bones should be included at least three days a week.
- For children, formal weight lifting programs are not needed as they can usually build strong bones and muscles with natural activities such as running, jumping and playing. Weight lifting exercises should be followed only under adult supervision.
Workout Ideas for 10 Year Old
Making the child work out alone should make them feel bored. Get your kid into a fitness. This will help strengthen the bond with your kids.
Here are the few tips for kids on Swim, Cardio, AB, Arm exercises. You can include those simple exercises in your 10-year-old workout plan.
- Put your elbows down on the floor.
- Raise up on the toes and stay as long as possible in this position.
- Make sure your back and abs are in line as you rise on your toes.
It helps keep the posture. The better posture in turn helps to balance the vertebrae, reducing unnecessary stress in the spine region. The metabolism will be boosted.
Swimming can help improve the body’s strength and balance. It is a great workout as it involves moving the entire body toward water resistance. Swimming is a life-long pursuit. Join your children in swimming classes or teach them yourself if you’re good at swimming.
- It keeps aerobic health and muscle power up.
- Helps keep the heart, lungs and weight healthy
- Stress relieves
- This offers an over – the-counter body conditioning as all muscles engage in the swim.
Make sure your child only swims when an adult is present. Do not allow the child to swim without precautions in the beach or lake, as pool swimming skills can not be powerful enough to handle open water.
3. Jumping Jacks
- Stand straight.
- Bend the knees and jump into the air.
- Separate your legs about shoulder width when jumping apart and spread your arms out and over the back.
- Jump back to normal position.
- Repeat the same cycle as much as possible.
It has been one of of the 10-year-old simple exercises. It helps weight loss. Also it increases muscle, strength and intensity of the bone. They contribute to reducing stress and preventing insomnia.
- Just lie on the floor.
- Stretch your arms out over your back.
- Lift your legs and raise your torso and arms until they become V-shape.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, and get back to normal.
It improves core strength. It is a complete exercise in body weight, as you should focus on the core strength to get your torso up and bring it down to the legs.
5. Calf Raises
- It is an incredibly easy exercise.
- Lift up and hold onto your feet.
- After a few seconds, then return to normal position.
They improve muscle strength and make your lower leg look better.
Calf elevations in patients with intermittent claudication are known to increase the walking efficiency.
6. Hip Bridges
- Lie on an exercise mat on your back.
- Slowly bend your knees, so that your feet stay flat on the mat.
- Press the feet firmly when lifting off the knee.
- Hold this position for a few counts and get back to normal.
- Repeat as many times as you can on this activity
It will help reduce pressure in the lower back. Powerful glutes help stabilize your pelvis, helping to maintain your stance. The hip bridges reduce pain in the knees.
Workouts are the best choice for reducing your children’s screen time and for making them safe and active. Working out as daily routines will help kids appreciate time and time management. There are plenty of workouts for youth, this article discusses easy and the best workouts for 10 year olds