Hair or hair care is just as critical as any other body care. Especially in a tropical country like ours, dry, sultry. Hair problems are common and we’re always looking for ways to preserve and strengthen the hair. You must have come across a lot of natural hair troubles remedies, but have you ever tried using onions? Have you ever wondered if the amazing results your own cooking ingredients would bring to look after your hair? Onions, generally seen as a modest staple of the kitchen, may have used something other than simply adding flavor to our food. It may sound surprising, but onion juice is also a hair loss home remedy. Loss of hair is very common and can include bald patches, absolute baldness or progressive thinning. Read on for the benefits of onion for hair growth.
Onions and its properties.
Onions have high sulfur content in them, which is essential for the regeneration of hair follicles, which helps in preventing breakage and thinning of hair. Onion and its juices are also rich in substances that fight bacteria and fungus, which keeps your hair free from any kind of infection.
The normal and potent antioxidants prematurely battle hair graying. Use growth-stimulating ingredients such as onion will help increase the rate at which your hair grows while adding volume to it as well.
Benefits of onion for hair growth
Using onions pulp or juice is a sure method that boosts hair growth and promotes regrowth also. Here are some possible reasons why this ingredient becomes so effective:
- Onion juice helps to stimulate hair growth by increasing antioxidant enzyme catalase levels. This enzyme helps regulate the process of hair growth by breaking down hydrogen peroxide, the cause for hair loss and stagnant growth.
- Onion juice or pulp, being pungent, is capable of fighting infections that also help with lice treatment, and will prevent future infestation.
- The onion pulp improves the circulation of blood in the scalp, fostering hair growth and health.
- With its rich sulfur content, it helps nourish your hair follicles. Sulfur is essential to make your hair follicles regenerate.
- The sulfur found in onions also helps to promote the growth of collagen. In effect, collagen helps produce healthy skin cells and grow hair.
- Onion juice or pulp may be used regularly for the treatment of dandruff to clear the scalp.
- Onion juice, when combined with oil(s), has shown results when used daily to add volume to hair.
After knowing the benefits and facts about onions now let’s see some home remedies which can be easily made and used by everyone to improve our hair health.
Home Remedies Of Onion For Hair Growth
1. Coconut oil and onion juice for hair growth
Coconut oil has amazing antibacterial properties and it is also an extremely penetrative oil. Mixing it with onion juice will help boost the juice’s ability to nourish your scalp.
Things you need:
1- Onion juice or pulp can also be used as per your preference- 2 to 3 tablespoon according to your hair length
2- Coconut oil -2 tablespoon
3- Few drops of any essential oil for the onion smell and it also nourishes the scalp.
- Mix the onion juice or pulp with the coconut oil (strain the mixture if using onion paste) so well that it turns into a smooth textured paste.
- Apply the paste on your scalp and massage it for about 3-4 minutes.
- Leave it for about 30 minutes on your head and scalp.
- Wash it thoroughly with warm water and mild shampoo.
- For better results, use a warm and damp towel and cover the wet hair for about 10 minutes.
Use this remedy twice or thrice a week and in 3-4 weeks, you can see positive results.
2. Egg and onion juice for hair conditioning and growth
The high protein content of the eggs helps in the nourishment of the hair and keep it healthy while the onion juice stimulates the scalp and also promotes hair growth.
The thing you will need:
- -Onion pulp or paste- 2 tablespoon
- -One egg
- – 2-3 drops of any essential oil (that will control the smell)
- Mix well all the three ingredients- egg, onion pulp, and essential oil into a fine and smooth paste.
- Put the mixture on your scalp and also down to the length of your hair.
- Massage the mixture for about 4 to 5 minutes on your scalp.
- Cover your head with a shower cap or towel and leave it for about 30- 35 minutes.
- Wash your hair with cold water and a good shampoo. Coldwater prevents the egg from cooking.
Use this remedy once a week and your hair will be healthy and happy again.
3. Honey onion juice hair mask
Honey and onion juice combination not only promotes hair growth, but also adds luster to the hair, but also binds moisture and prevents hair from drying out.
You will need:
- – 2 tablespoons of onion juice.
- – 1 tablespoon honey (For better results, use raw honey).
- – Cotton pads for application.
- Mix onion juice and honey and stir it so well that it emulsifies.
- Soak a cotton pad in this mixture and apply thoroughly all over the scalp and roots of your hair.
- Massage your hair gently in a circular motion.
- Leave it for about 25-30 minutes
- Wash with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
Use this mask frequently and you will see positive changes in your hair, some substantial results can be seen in 5-6 weeks.
4. Ginger and onion juice for hair
Ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and has been widely used for the same in Chinese medicine. It also helps boost the circulation of blood while reducing hair loss and improving the quality of hair.
Things you need:
- 1 tablespoon full ginger juice
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- Mix the two juices together and properly.
- Apply the mixture on the scalp with help of your fingers.
- Gently massage in circular motion for about 5 minutes.
- Keep the mixture on the scalp for about 30 minutes.
- Wash with normal water and mild shampoo
- Use this mixture twice or thrice a week and see visible results in 4 weeks.
5. Onion juice and olive oil
Olive oil is another ingredient with dandruff-fighting properties. It also conditions your hair and scalp, leaving them with a silky shine while the onion juice boosts hair growth.
You will need:
- 3 tablespoons of onion juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Mix olive oil and onion juice well to form perfect consistency.
- Apply the mixture onto your scalp and massage for some time.
- Leave the oil and juice mixture for at least 2 hours.
- Wash with warm water and mild shampoo.
- Do this process every alternate day and you will feel the change in few weeks.
These are some home remedies of onion for hair growth.
You can feel your hair growth as it takes forever. Nonetheless, you’ll get there with an efficient hair care routine in place, rest assured.
Also Read: Know The Benefits Of Eggs For Hairs