A ketogenic diet is a low – carb diet that can help you more effectively burn fat. For weight loss, health and performance, many people have already experienced its many proven benefits. Many doctors also use and recommend it.
Recently, the ketogenic diet has become very popular. There is also early evidence to show that it could benefit certain cancers, Alzheimer disease, and other diseases too. Studies have found this very low carbon, high-fat diet to be effective for weight loss, diabetes, and epileptic diseases. A ketogenic diet usually limits the amount of carbs per day to 20–50 grams. While this may seem challenging, this way of eating can easily accommodate many nutritious soups.
Soups are good for a diet of Keto! It’s truly versatile and easy to make. And you can make it light or heavy, depending on how hungry you are. Seek high-quality ingredients such as pastured animal bones and vegetables with few antinutrients for preparing keto soup recipes. You will not only avoid brain fog and inflammation in every bite, but you will also prevent healthy fats. As liquid keto soups do not rust very fast, they also provide the perfect meal preparation option. Make these hot (and cold!) soup recipes for meals year round that will warm you inside:
Keto Soup Recipes:
1. Turmeric Beef Bone Broth:
- 1 cup beef bone broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- Pinch of chili flakes, plus more to garnish (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons seaweed flakes (such as dulse or wakame)
- 1/2 tablespoon Brain Octane Oil
- Fresh broccoli sprouts to garnish, optional
Mix all the ingredient to a small pan on medium heat. Boil it. Now transfer all the ingredient to a blender and blend to combine. Your Turmeric Beef Bone Broth is ready to serve. Before serving garnish it with chili flakes and broccoli sprouts
2. Keto Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup :
- 2 teaspoons of Olive Oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and deboned
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 3 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 3/4 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 slices tomato, halved to garnish
- 1 large avocado, diced to garnish
- Cilantro, finely chopped to garnish
- 1/2 red chili pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped to garnish
Cut the red onion and put two tbsp aside for garnishing. Cook onions until soft and caramelized in a saucepan with olive oil. Add the cumin, cayenne pepper, and garlic halfway through. In the slow cooker, add the onions, chicken, and oregano. Pour in the chicken broth and tomatoes.
For 2.5 hours, cover and cook on high. Add the pepper bell and cook for an additional 30 minutes. Shred the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with a small slice of tomato, avocado, cilantro, red chili and onions if desired. Serve hot.
3. Homemade Thai Chicken Soup
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, cut into large chunks
- 20 fresh basil leaves (10 for the slow cooker, and 10 for garnish)
- 5 thick slices of fresh ginger
- 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- Additional salt to taste
Place in the slow cooker the chicken, lemongrass, ten basil leaves, ginger, and salt. Fill water in the slow cooker. Cook for 8 to 10 hours at low. Place the broth in a bowl, add to salt, squeeze in fresh lime juice, and garnish with chopped basil leaves.
4. SPICY HALIBUT TOMATO SOUP
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Parsley. fresh, chopped
- 3 tomatoes diced, without peel
- 10 anchovies canned in oil, minced
- 6 cups Vegetables borth3 bouillon cubes + 6 cups water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 pound halibut filets fresh, chopped
Heat olive oil at medium heat in a large stockpot. Add garlic and half of the parsley, reserving the rest for garnish. Mix together tomatoes, anchovies, vegetable broth, salt, pepper and flakes of red chili. Raise the heat to high and boil the pot. Reduce to medium-low heat, cover the pot, and cook for 20 minutes. Add halibut and remove the lid. Replace the cover and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes apart easily. Remove from heat and break the halibut into small pieces. Mix to distribute the fish evenly and serve with the remaining fresh parsley.
5. Creamy Leek & Salmon Soup
- 2 tbsp Avacado Oil
- 4 leeks, washed, trimmed and sliced into crescents
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups seafood OR chicken broth
- 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 lb salmon, in bitesize pieces
- 1 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
Heat the avocado oil at low-medium heat in a large saucepan or dutch oven. Add the leeks and garlic chopped and cook until slightly softened. Add the thyme and pour in the stock. Simmer for about 15 minutes, season to taste with salt and pepper. Add to the saucepan, the salmon and coconut milk. Return to a mild simmer and cook until the fish is tender and opaque. Serve it immediately!
Use these soups on a regular basis to reap all the health benefits of a ketogenic diet.
A ketogenic diet can be used to achieve weight loss, control of blood sugar, and other goals related to health. Fortunately, it can include a wide range of nutritious, tasty and versatile soups to keep you within your daily carb range.
Also Read: Looking For Quick Healthy Breakfast Recipe?
Looking For Healthy Banana Recipes For Kids