Classic smog results from large amounts of coal burning in an area and is caused by a mixture of smoke and sulfur dioxide.
Ground-level ozone, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide carbon monoxide are especially harmful for senior citizens, children, and people with heart and lung conditions such as emphysema, bronchitis, and asthma.
It can inflame breathing passages, decreasing the lungs’ working capacity, and causing shortness of breath, pain when inhaling deeply, wheezing, and coughing.
WHO conducted a survey a few months back and concluded that Delhi is the most polluted city in the world. Delhi air recorded alarming levels of the most dangerous small particulates, known as PM 2.5s, per cubic metre.
We being caring moms, can not remain seated to raise eyebrows and let the kid bunk his school after watching the alarming levels of whether on the news channel.
Finding an alternative of the city is the best thing you can opt, but of course it is not an easy way out for everyone, one can not leave his job or business to breath healthy air.
He will have to come back one day in search of his lost pennies.
Well, these are not that little problems on which we can give a thought tomorrow, an intelligent move is the need of the hour.
But what to do till then;
- Buy a mask for Your kid: refer the article from zee news for the same https://zeenews.india.com/environment/delhi-smog-a-complete-guide-to-buying-the-right-air-pollution-mask-2055094.html
- Plenty of Vit A & C: Antioxidants need to be given adequately, such as tomato, lemon, guava, oranges, broccoli, spinach, amla, carrots etc.
- Air conditioned School buses: Do not let your kid travel in open vehicles.
- Buy an air purifier at home
- Make your kitchen garden more leafy: Bamboo plant, spider plant, peace lily etc are known to remove bad air. Let them grow indoors.
- Avoid Junk Food: Eating unhealthy can unnecessarily overburden your baby’s body.
- Steam the bedroom with few eucalyptus oil drops before you sleep, so that nasal passage will be at ease while you sleep.
- Avoid outdoor activities: Its sad but you’ll have to restrict your kid to indoors most of the times, until the government gives you a green go.
Share more precautionary measures with our readers.
join the page and Share the article with other moms.